411. Today I would like to share with you all a wonderful project we did a year ago in Barcelona. Located in the Area of el BORNE. This project was as always something which was in a derelict state and we wanted to bring light to this dark tunnel. In this case we converted this 70m2 property into a light and airy two bedrooms-one bathroom wonderful and modern apartment with fully equiped open plan kitchen. Check out the pictures of before and after, amazing! Comments welcome! Have a lovely day!!
For more info contact: www.urbanoasis.es
Telf: (+34) 934 929 274
403. Master apartment for sale of 180m² with private garden of 100m² located next to the street Avinyó, in an estate of the S. XVIII of great architectural value. It has a large living room of 50m² with fireplace, direct access to balcony and access to the garden. Independent dining room of 25sqm and large kitchen. 3 double bedrooms (2 en suite), 1 office and 3 bathrooms. High ceilings with moldings and tiled floors. Exterior and sunny.
402. This past Easter I had the pleasure of staying in one of the most delightful hotels I have ever stayed in my life: Stattons Hotel from the Mercer Collection at Portsmouth-UK.
This hotel has six building plus a brand New Gastro-Pub with the most delicious traditional pub food not only excellently presented but with an exquisite taste.
The hotel is so conveniently located near the beach, shops, restaurants, amenities and the Gunwharf Quays with plenty of high street shops and trendy restaurants. Don´t miss the Spinnakertower, where the highest floor reaches 105 meters of altitude and enjoy the best views of Portsmouth and its bay.
This boutique hotel started with one building and now has expanded to more than 6 buildings within the area with parking included.
The most amazing thing about this hotel is its staff! So friendly, polite with an incredible attention to detail particularly from Susana. She not only personally supervised all our stay but she chose our room according to our needs. The room was so sweet, incredibly clean and tastefully designed. With such peaceful colours and comfortable bed. She is an incredible asset to the company as she goes the extra mile at all times to ensure guests have the most comfortable and wonderful stay while staying at a Mercer´s hotel.
The breakfast is delicious with a wide variety of choice freshly cooked served in the restaurant located on the ground floor. We were so pleasantly surprised that the room amenities were from the Occitane which I personally love!
The whole experience was 5 Stars and particularly the service and staff was the cherry on the cake, making our wonderful stay just magical! A BIG thank you to Susana, Sandra, Bee, Gosia, Monica and Ellie! We will never forget Stattons and its entire staff! xx
Location: 6 Florence road - Southsea - Portsmouth - England - PO5 2NE
Telf: (+44) 23 9200 9333
400. Tomorrow 7th April a Grand Opening is taking place in Barcelona: Tunateca the fist gastronomic space in the world dedicated to tuna fish. This innovative space comes hand in hand with Balfego the company which specializes in the Red tuna. They identify them in the Strait and bring them towards the Mediterranean Sea close to the Ametlla de Mar where the tuna is fed blue fish until it reaches the minimum weight of 100kilos. Balfego only sells its tuna to restaurants. The company wants to bring people closer to the process to explain how its sustainable and it gives guaranteed to the continuation of the specie. From tomorrow people will have the opportunity to try this tuna not only in the restaurants but only in various workshops carried out by its Chef Hideki Matsuhisa . Can´t wait to go!!
Location: Avinguda Diagonal, 439, 08036 Barcelona
398. If you are looking for the perfect Sunday spot for your family and friends, search no longer! Remember my Best Pizza Places recommendation from a couple of week´s back well... Cecconi´s is back!
They have the most amazing Sunday brunch, Italian style! Bruchettas, caprese salad, fish, pizza and even Tiramisu! All with the most amazing quality! 40€ per person and it includes a drink.
The place is classy yet modern in beautiful Soho Club Barcelona. Must check out and must repeat! 5*****
Location: Passeig de Colom, 20, 08002 Barcelona
Telf: 932 20 46 40
397. Did you know that if a seller of a property in Spain is non-Spanish Resident, the buyer will need to deposit 3% of the sale value to the Spanish Tésoro Público?
According to the Spanish Law of IRPF Ley 35/2006, a person will be considered Spanish resident if he/she:
a) Resides 183 days during the year in Spanish territory
b) Has a main business activity of principal nuclei or economic interests in a direct or indirect way in Spain
The buyer will need to therefore complete a 211 Form together with the deposit. If the deposit amount is higher than the amount of the seller´s due capital gains taxes then there will be a reimbursement of the excess.
If case that the 3% is not deposited, the property will see itself affected by the unpayment of this tax. If the seller does not do his own revenue declaration for the Spanish government, the government will keep the 3% deposited.
396. If you are thinking of coming to Barcelona, if the city is calling you, is your job is thinking of relocating you to this wonderful, cosmopolitan sunny city, then check this apartment out! Located in the heart of Eixample, this stunning penthouse is for rent just for you! Sleek and Chic! Beautiful penthouse apartment completely renovated located in the heart of one of the most exclusive residential points of Barcelona. This 110m2 apartment has 2 balconies & a huge magnificent private terrace of 90m2 above. The terrace has 180 views of the city. Fantastic for entertaining guests in the summer, unique!
393. Did you know that due to the recent #fiscalpolicy in #Spain, people over 65 years of age are exempted (if they comply with various requisites) from paying #propertytaxes if they decide to sell their home? if it´s your second home you are selling, you are over 65 years of age and are investing the obtained in a fund you could be exempted from paying property taxes up to a maximum of 240,000€. This is thanks to the new Spanish fiscal policy. If you want to know more contact us here.
If you are Briish and you are currently in Barcelona check thisevent out:
"Join us at this event for British expats & their families to get your vital questions answered about Brexit. A panel of legal experts will present about immigration, residence, visa and nationality issues, as well as the impact on jobs & business ownership. Q&A discussion follows. Tickets: €10"
The event will be held on 29th April at 11:00–13:00 at Hearth located in Gresolet 14, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Activities In Barcelona
Beauty & Health
BY MICHELIN STAR CHEF
Chic Way To Chill Out
Fashion & Design
Fun & Interesting
Furniture & Home Decor
Moving To Barcelona
Only For Sushi Lovers
Property Info & Tips Barcelona
What´s Happening Barcelona?
Hi! I´m Carolina, I hope you enjoy this blog on my recommendations about living in Barcelona and loving the experience! I´m originally from Barcelona but spent most of my life abroad (France & the UK). Real Estate Entrepreneur and Blogger, I have a double major in Political Science and Urban Estate Management. I love sushi and my favourite colour is pink. I am crazy about stationary and love discovering new tea flavours and now... in love with Barcelona!
I´m a Proud Donor of: