St. Valentin´s Day in Barcelona
386. Last Friday I received a whole bunch of surprises. Like every month, my culinary friends and I hook up to discover the trendiest restaurants in Barcelona. This time we were really impressed. I booked a table at @Celeri, a healthy kitchen located in the basement of a cute organic cafeteria. We were really well greeted. We were accompanied to our table, Wagamama style tables where you share with others. The daily menu is 25€ and guess what Chef Xavier Pallicer was awarded with a Michelin Star! Many famous people visit this restaurant, in fact there were two when we were there: Risto Mejide and famous hairdresser Llongueras. We just loved the service, the menu was absolutely impressively delicious, really sleek presentation and the best part: all organic and healthy. My favourite dish was the paper apple with orange sauce, an organic apple which they cut in a pasta like machine and is absolutely stunning! At the end, #Michelin Star Chef #XavierPallicer, came and sat with us to ask us for some feedback nad checking with were ok. We were very lucky to have him with us sharing his whole amazing story with us. It happens that he was sharing kitchen with Chef Santi Santa María and then he decided to create his own unique culinary heaven @Celeri inspired in Ayurveda, with more than 2500 creations presented daily! Can´t wait to go back! Amazing!!5*****
Location: PASSATGE MARIMÓN, 5 - 08021 BARCELONA
Telf: 93 252 95 94
Dos Cielos - Hermanos Torres
383. This is yet another gastronomically show in Barcelona. This impressive and sleek restaurant located in one the Melia´s hotels in Barcelona has one of the most famous gourmet brothers not only in the culinary industry but in the tv business: the Torres Brothers (Javier & Sergio) lead this oasis within Barcelona: Dos Cielos. The name is a hint of two towers which are exactly the same which takes you two heavens: the twin chef brothers who with their culinary talent take your tasting pallets to heaven. Not cheap as a One Michelin star restaurants, but tremendously chic and impressive to celebrate a special occasion with your loved one. Amazing dessert which shocked me: a Swarovski boxes jewel made out of chocolate, wow!
Location: Hotel Melia Barcelona Sky - Pere IV, 272 - 286 - Barcelona
Telf: +34 93 367 20 50
391. This is by far, I think, my favourite Barcelona restaurant. Led by Michelin Star Chef #Jordi Cruz, this one Michelin Star heaven is just that heaven: #ANGLE! not very well know, as its landmark restaurant is the #ABBAC, however this one is even more authentic, top service, and the menu is simply out of this world. It changes according to the season we are in. in our case we went in the middle of autumn and the dishes were inspired in chestnuts, calçots, parmesan and boletus. The desserts were something i have never tried before; just the right taste combined with the right elements, for me pure PERFECTION! A funny thing about this restaurant, is the carton board Chef #Jordi Cruz character that greets you to the restaurants. See picture below. 5*****
Location: C/ Aribau, 54Barcelona 08011
Telf: 932 167 700
314. You don´t have to go too far to have an amazing lunch h in Barcelona!! Located in the cutest passage in Eixample there is this sweet restaurant known as Petit Comitè. This wonderful restaurant is led by Michelin Star Chef Nandu Jubany. His Michelin Restaurant is locate in Vic (Can Jubany) and now has this gorgeous one right on the heart of the Eixample.
The restaurants is sweetly decorated in a traditional yet with a chic flair. Very well organised, super clean and fantastic service.
The food is to die for, you have a set menu of 50€ (no drink included) however the desserts are the best part!!! A Whole trolley with all their cake selection... wow! Treat yourself this month and check it out!
Rocambolesque en Barcelona
Dirección: Carrer de Lleida, 5, 08004 Barcelona
Teléfono:936 24 01 77
Sunday Brunch in Barcelona
SIMPLY SPECTACULAR!!! [PART II]
127. Absolutely stunning building, with a modern and contemporary entrance, this Roca Bar just fascinates me. I managed to find finally an exhaust to check it out after having been to the formal restaurant back in spectacular ROCA MOO, Roca Bar is just a quick service concept in style and healthy options. Their A la Carte Menu is just sophisticatedly delicious. Their also have a en executive menu of 19€ which is sincerely wonderful. Very trendy, cool and business like this ROCA BAR is just a deal place to impress your wok mates!!
SIMPLY SPECTACULAR!!! [ Part I ]
67. What a show! if you are looking for real entertainment Roca Moo is your place! Located in the Hotel Omm right next to Paseo de Gracia and the diagonal, this urban Oasis culinary zone is simple spectacular! A gastronomical show organized and led by the famous and Michelin star Roca Brothers by the Celler de Can Roca.
There is a lunch executive menu of 49€ to die for. You need good solid two hours to simple be let mezporised by the incredible professional team. Amazing, simple beautiful!
Wonderful. A Must! 5*****
Location: Hotel Omm, Rosselló 265-Barcelona.
Telf: 93 445 40 00
Back to the Past with Bodega 1900
Classy yet delicious stop!
Masterchef Restaurant: Tens!
Hi! I´m Carolina, I hope you enjoy this blog on my recommendations about living in Barcelona and loving the experience! I´m originally from Barcelona but spent most of my life abroad (France & the UK). Real Estate Entrepreneur and Blogger, I have a double major in Political Science and Urban Estate Management. I love sushi and my favourite colour is pink. I am crazy about stationary and love discovering new tea flavours and now... in love with Barcelona!
I´m a Proud Donor of: