Location: Passeig de Colom, 20, 08002 Barcelona
366. At last February 3rd arrived with the brand new opening of the largest H&M Store in Spain. This Store is very special as it not only covers four whole floors of retail space but has two innovations: Home Goodies known as H&M Home and..... a new vegetarian coffee shop @Flax & Kale by Teresa Carles.
The H&M Home is interesting, it looks like Ikea´s style not too cheap but the candles are cute and the hand soaps too!
@Flax and Kale though stole my heart! All our childhood memories brought together in one single place.
For those Spanish people who remember the good old Pantera Rosas or the Foskito... The Chef Teresa Carles has a surprise for you; she has remade these recipes by using vegan ingredients: Pantera Rosa is called Pink Lady and Foskito is now Moskito with mascarpone cheese. A true delicacy in vegan style! Check it out, but by recommendation would be to wait for a couple of days as it is fully packed with people!
Location: Passeig de Gràcia, 11, 08002 Barcelona
Telf: 901 12 00 84
371. Ever feeling in the need of walking into a supermarket in which everything you see is just healthy? Well I have the answer for you @CasaAmetller! This wonderful store has the wonderful concept of getting the best products with the best quality. It is not cheap but its superb! Their selection of the best fruits & veggies, their tuna, their chocolate, their juices, soups, selection of teas, and so on... so many typical catalan products which we all love with the best quality! And now they have a new selection of yogurts which are absolutely delicious: cookies and apple& cinnamon, wow!
Location: All over Barcelona (check the closest one to you)
Telf: 938 26 40 04
345. Being welcomed with desalinated water is seriouly a first! This wonderful restaraunt is located just few steps from Palza Catalula. A very English friendly ambience (which i love), very quick service and super friendly! If you go to the loo you will think you are in a shopping mall rather than in a restaurant and you will come to realize the vast place you are in. The glass see though lift takes you all the way up to the terrace and the los and it´s almost like going behind the scenes of one of the coolest healthiest restaurants I have come across in Barcelona! Flax & Kale! One of Teresa Carle´s restaurants. the other two are Tere´s juicery and and Teresa´s stairway (which I still have to try ! Ah! and their home delivery service too! Which I am not too fan of anyway ;)
Their drinks menu is to die for: green juices and amazing unseen smoothies, wonderful vegan dishes like vegan foi or vegan lasagna. Beautiful quinoa salads, although I love it so it’s easy for me to be impressed! What I love about this place is that they are proactive with events and nutritional talks! I was looking for this kind of place!! Found it!!
Location: C/ dels Tallers, 74B, 08001 Barcelona
Telf: 933 17 56 64
308. If you are tired of typical tapas restaurant with greasy and fattening dishes, GREEN SPOT is your place. A minimalistic, light and airy restaurant right across from the Port Vell.
This heaven on earth culinary center has as policy: "Let food be the medicine and let medicine be the food". A Hippocrates phrase which serves them as guide and food policy.
Their dishes are all vegetarian, cooked with TLC (tender, love and care).
Absolutely stunning presentation! Their beetroot gazpacho is so sweetly presented, their coconut curry with wild black rice to diw for and their quinoa salad with hazelnuts to die for!
Dessert? Why not a healthy panacota with Macha green tea?
Ideal for a girly lunch or Mum and Daughter healthy stop! Gorgeous!
296. This place is seriously wow! If you are in the area and need to grab a quick bite chek out Auto Rosellon. Same owner as the famous Kitchen Spa where you can have the perfect manicure done, check out Auto Rosellon. They have the most gorgeous and tasty salads with mediterranean flavour. Freshy baked bagels and bread and plenty of healthy choice. Love it!
279. Ever wondered what are in those green juices that people have started taking? Why are they so green and why are they so popular? Why are they so healthy and so good for our diet?
Gadget de Cuina is organizing two workshops to explain and describe the benefits of green juices and all kind of juices! A quick and simple way to take all the minerals and nutrients our body needs. They have various shops across the city but the tier Aragon one is where the classes are taking place on June 16th and 27th. Check it out!
Location: C/ Aragó, 249, 08007 Barcelona
Telf: 93 487 58 63
269. Wonderful and fresh, innovative and creative, fashionable and tasty! All these qualities and many more just are the perfect description for GREEN & BERRY! I was taken here by my lovely friend Carlota Valera as we are very much into healthy options and I just loved it! Their freshly quizzed juices are to die for and their smoothies are from another world. There vegan sandwiches are from another world and their colorful salads tasty and delicious! If you are into looking and discovering healthy options you will love Green and Berry. A special mention to thank my friend Carlota for showing me this place and for the lovely contrition with her picture to both juices shared with my other friends the twins Carlota and Patricia. Love all three!
Location: Carrer d'Enric Granados, 153, 08008 Barcelona
Telf: 932 00 38 55
248. This is one of the most wonderful tea shops in Spain. Nothing compared to those found in London of course but not far from it! I love it as it remind me of my beloved sister in law Maru! She loves it here!
The TEA SHOP is sweetly organized with countless tea options and flavors! From Cinnamon, to vanilla or even my favorite orange with chocolate. You can find all kinds of tea: for relaxation, lose weight, liquid retention... anything! Ideal also as a gift shop! Love it! Check it out!!
241. This is one of our latest and coolest discoveries: Mother!
Mother is a sweet and cool café located in the Gran Via of Barcelona, however it is no like any other coffee shop, it’s a really great and healthy must in the city! When you walk in and you discover what is menu is made of you think: oh god I’m in heaven! Cold pressed drink, only healthy ingredients and fresh fruits and vegetables. Detox drink, smoothies and hot and cold green juices. Almond milk, ginger and fennel are the most popular ingredients! Its a total MUST check out!
Location: Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes, 700, 08010 Barcelona
Telf: 931 19 38 45
_207. I just love being suprised with places that are just so well presented and taken care of. This was the case last week with this lovely and sweet restaurant named Mordisco. Located just in front of El Japones, and from the same firm, this lovely gastronomical space offers vegetarian mostly dishes to die for. Amazingly presented in a lovely, business yet healthy atmosphere. You can tell that business people that take care of themselves get their lunch at Mordisco. A little pricy but a super place for a healthy business lunch. Their freshly made juices are not only a healthy choice but superb in their taste!
Location: Passatge de la Concepció, 10, 08008 Barcelona
Telf: 934 87 96 56
202. Interested in healthy eating? Would like to meet people like you you interested in learning more about conscious eating? Check this out! During this coming weekend in Barcelona we have the privilege of hosting the 6th Healthy and Conscious Eating Congress!
The aim is to unveil what is behind what we eat and guide us to a more positive healthy lifestyle throughout our food choices.
Experts from different matters but all very specialized in the subject will lecture about the dark side of marketing and its lies.
These professionals will provide us with guidelines of how to be fulfilled with energy throughout our daily choices of food.
The Congress will take place in the Axa Auditorium located in the Shopping Mall L´Illa. Check all the information on their website:
121. Barcelona has so many food options is just so difficult to choose from. Sometimes you just don´t have time to think and just need to grab something on the go and grab some lunch to continue working at the office. If you are having one of these days, Nostrum is a great option. They have lunch boxes for 1,2 and 3€ (you must register and get your card to enjoy these prices) and the best part... its home made food and many healthy options. Hurray!!
Location; many around Barcelona (check out their web)
120. If you are looking for any kind of dried mushrooms, spices, nuts, grains, cereals, chocolate or even tea Casa Ruiz is your place. If you fancy and are in the mood of cooking an amazing recipe this Christmas that you just discovered and need of those American ingredients impossible to find in your daily market, this place will have it! I was pleasantly surprised with the amount go of spices they have. We love cooking with spices, as we try to be healthy and substitute slat with flavors which are nutritionally rich and spices are a great option. The amount of unsalted nuts is also vast. Cool place to know when you are in the mood of cooking international food!
Location: Calle Aribau 169, Barcelona
Telf: 931 712 404
98. I made just an amazing discovery today. Starting a long week, Monday morning full of work... suddenly my love called me to surprise me and invited me for a lovely and healthy detox juice! Its a new place right next to the beautiful Casa Batlló. They have a healthy salad bar, fresh juice menu and a shop of chocolate!! What else can you wish for?
The cafe (Faborit) is absolutely adorable and thank god healthy options are starting to arise within the typical tapas places! Salad and fresh juice 7€, a lovely healthy option for a quick lunch!
location: Paseo de Gracia 41, 08007 Barcelona
86. If you are looking for the hatlhiest of all options, Casa Ametller is your call. This wonderful supermakret offers all kinds of fruits and veggies all as fresh as can be. Substitute the typical chips with vegetable chips and surprice your guests at a home made dinner. Their Gazpacho is seriosuly lovely and their blueberries and healthy cheese options are wonderful. They are openeign stores left right and center so they must have somethign good to offer ;)
48. This is another of my recent discoveries in this amazing city! The Woki Organic market is a sweet (seems small) but it’s actually quite large just off the Plaza de Cataluña. Once you enter it seems chaotic but if you try to go deep into the shop you can actually find peace in the middle of your day. Their all organic menu varies from tapas to woks, from freshly squeezed detox juices, to lovely gazpachos. Their fresh salad choice is amazing.
This place also offers some different style organic ingredients to purchase, which are rare, not your typical once which are found in every organic shop. I personally bought some strawberry and banana flavored rice milk and some banana chips for the afternoon munch.
A lovely place to find a healthy spot of peace in the middle of your hectic day! Love it!
Location: Ronda Universitat, 20
Telf: 93 302 52 06
39. Fancy doing someithng different this weekend? Fancy learning how to cook traditional Spanish food, or a birthday cake for a loved one, or some spicy and funky international cuisine? Cookiteca is your answer. These wonderful shops located in various areas of Barcelona offer the possibility of not only finding the strangest cooking gadgets which one can only see in funky recipes but also enroll in various cooking classes for just a couple of hours or even a month long. This is one of the coolest activity i have encountered in Barcelona so far, great to spend a saturday out with your partner and great to meet new people interest in cuisine too!
Location: Carrer Major de Sarrià nº 74 Barcelona
Telf: 93 205 9373
26. Today I discovered the most chic bakery in town. This sweet shop known as CHEFS is located in calle Aragon and is quiet eye catching for its colours and healthy looks. When you first see the shop you think it is a bakery but its more than that...! It has not only organic bread but also has cute paper bags with ready to cook recipes, all healthy and nutritious.
The shop also organises cooking classes and is proud to be known as the "healthy kitchen for busy people".
I personally bought some blue organic pasta which were tagliatelle amortized with seawead.
Location: Calle Aragón 310 - Barcelona
Telf: 935 313 696
7. Veritas is a truly unique supermarket filled with love! Organic food, real food, love food!
Although terribly expensive, if you are planning on going on detox, preparing a vegetarian meal with difficult to find ingredients or even just fancying buying some rare cookies, veritas is your place.
Veritas is a chain of supermarkets of eco organic food. They have various once all over Barcelona, personally I like the one in Las Arenas shopping mall.
They have a whole set of options for less salty soja sauces, seeds of all kinds, cereals of all colours and tastes, fat free yogurts to die for and much more. Their healthy offer is endless.
If you are not into organic - healthy food is a must visit at least once and if on the other hand you are like me, addicted to healthy stuff and having a healthy life style veritas is to be kept in your weekly shops that you should hit!
Location: Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes 373-385 - 08015 Barcelona
Telf: 902 66 77 89
5. Feeldorganic is a newsih restaurant right on the Diagonal Avenue between Francesc Macia and Paseo de Gracia. It is a wonderful place, reminds me of Wagamamas due its seating set up.
The restaurant is divided on two floors:
-Ground floor: quick service bar and a wonderful organic supermarket with seeds, cereals, juices and organisc fruits & veggies.
First floor: is the main restaurant.
Their menu is etiher 9.95€ for one course meal or 14.95 for two course meal. Their detox juice menu is unseen! Fabulous and nutritious options with an amazing presentation and really well and healthily cooked. A must try and a must continue going! 4****
Location: Av. Diagonal, 449, 08036 Barcelona
Telf: 935 32 85 03
Activities In Barcelona
Beauty & Health
BY MICHELIN STAR CHEF
Chic Way To Chill Out
Fashion & Design
Fun & Interesting
Furniture & Home Decor
Moving To Barcelona
Only For Sushi Lovers
Property Info & Tips Barcelona
What´s Happening Barcelona?
Hi! I´m Carolina, I hope you enjoy this blog on my recommendations about living in Barcelona and loving the experience! I´m originally from Barcelona but spent most of my life abroad (France & the UK). Real Estate Entrepreneur and Blogger, I have a double major in Political Science and Urban Estate Management. I love sushi and my favourite colour is pink. I am crazy about stationary and love discovering new tea flavours and now... in love with Barcelona!
I´m a Proud Donor of: