New June Properties
485. Tomorrow May 24th, Urban Oasis will be hosting the First Open House exclusively for our Realtor Collaborators.
We work hand in hand with more than 50 Companies in Barcelona which supply not only properties but buyers and tenants for our properties. These more than 50 professionals are a delightful bunch of people with whim we´ve had the pleasure to close business with them during the course of these three years in Barcelona. Since we decided to apply an American way of working, this business model has been a success for us. Our collaborators are sacred for us and thus we decided to dedicate this Open House just for them tomorrow. So if you are a buyer, seller, owner or tenant you are not only receiving the service from Urban Oasis but from a whole battalion of people, qualified professionals who work hand in hand to reach a whole single aim: your satisfaction with excellence!
Telf: (+34) 934 929 274
Any plans for this Halloween?
Barcelona´s Museum of Design
Grand Opening: Tunateca
400. Tomorrow 7th April a Grand Opening is taking place in Barcelona: Tunateca the fist gastronomic space in the world dedicated to tuna fish. This innovative space comes hand in hand with Balfego the company which specializes in the Red tuna. They identify them in the Strait and bring them towards the Mediterranean Sea close to the Ametlla de Mar where the tuna is fed blue fish until it reaches the minimum weight of 100kilos. Balfego only sells its tuna to restaurants. The company wants to bring people closer to the process to explain how its sustainable and it gives guaranteed to the continuation of the specie. From tomorrow people will have the opportunity to try this tuna not only in the restaurants but only in various workshops carried out by its Chef Hideki Matsuhisa . Can´t wait to go!!
Location: Avinguda Diagonal, 439, 08036 Barcelona
368. Welcome to My Blog. This is a very special blog as it is my reunion after more than 15 years abroad with this wonderful city: Barcelona.
Barcelona has 1.608.746 habitants (2016) where more than 15% are foreigners. We have a wonderful weather all year around with temperatures between 14ºC degrees to 29ºC. It is a very safe city where you can walk around, take a scooter and enjoy the city without being afraid or weary all the time.
The prices of rental are a little high but food and shopping are standard and ever good prices can be found.
we have the mountain and the sea, very well connected to all the European capitals and great international connections worldwide.
There is a multicultural gastronomical revolution going on where amazing new restaurants are opening with ever more variety and rich multicultural options. It has all the good things of a city like London for instance without the dull skies! Enjoy and welcome to Barcelona!
366. At last February 3rd arrived with the brand new opening of the largest H&M Store in Spain. This Store is very special as it not only covers four whole floors of retail space but has two innovations: Home Goodies known as H&M Home and..... a new vegetarian coffee shop @Flax & Kale by Teresa Carles.
The H&M Home is interesting, it looks like Ikea´s style not too cheap but the candles are cute and the hand soaps too!
@Flax and Kale though stole my heart! All our childhood memories brought together in one single place.
For those Spanish people who remember the good old Pantera Rosas or the Foskito... The Chef Teresa Carles has a surprise for you; she has remade these recipes by using vegan ingredients: Pantera Rosa is called Pink Lady and Foskito is now Moskito with mascarpone cheese. A true delicacy in vegan style! Check it out, but by recommendation would be to wait for a couple of days as it is fully packed with people!
Location: Passeig de Gràcia, 11, 08002 Barcelona
Telf: 901 12 00 84
372. Meet us, contact us, follow us on facebook, twitter, instagram! Let us know your thoughts, your property questions, findings, anything that comes to mind! We love hearing about your thoughts. We specialise in Barcelona’s property market and love this city. We love sharing all the great tips of the best places to check out. Find out throught his blog the top sushi restaurants in Barcelona, The best pizza places, where to get healthy options, michelin star restaurants and the best properties and apartments in Barcelona.
If you have any that you´d like to share with us please feel free to leave us a comment or contact us through the contact button above.
Have a lovely day!
365. If you are unsure of what to do this weekend check this out! Molins de Rei is hosting its 166th Fira. This is a wonderful gastronomical experience where farmers and artisans sells their fresh fruits & veggies and local goodies. We a particularly enjoy and buy from her each year, an absolute "to die for" French bread from Perpignan. There is also a guy selling walnuts cheese which is absolutely incredible too! Check out all of them here: click here Also if you are looking to invest and are in the area why not check out our latest real estate goodie? A 2 bed-2 bath newly refurbished property for 149.000€ with a +5% return on the investment potential.
Contact us today!
Robert Kiyosaki in Barcelona
361. During the next 17th-19th February, Barcelona will be hosting for the first time a Financial Gathering having as main host: Robert Kiyosaki!
Whether you have read his famous book: Rich Dad, Poor Dad or played his famous game CASHFLOW I strongly recommend you check his videos, publications and suggestions about financial education. Kiyosaki is famous for alerting society that schools do not teach daily finances to kids and thus we are all stuck in the rat race as a result. Super interesting, check it you and grab your tickets today from this link>> click here
Newsletter January 2017
358. Next Friday 3rd February H&M will open its largest shop in Spain located right on the corner of Paseo de Gracia and Gran Vía. It will cover a space of 5000m2 which it will include a Flax and Kale restaurant! Let’s remember that Zara opens just before Christmas its largest shop located in the heat of Plaza Cataluña... now H&M is following the strategy. The shop will be distributed on 4 floors but its most innovative idea is without a doubt the fact that one of the most fashionable restaurants in Barcelona will have another restaurant inside this huge retail shop located on the second floor which will have around 200m2. Let’s remember that Flax and Kale is a vegetarian restaurant with fresh cold press juices, and amazing macrobiotic dishes. Its definitely going to be a MUST try for us this following weeks!
www.namafoods.com. Also Dr. Jorge Perez Calvo Expert in Energetic Nutrition and Health will be speaking about the influence of food and the biological condition on our physic and our emotional status. www.jorgeperezcalvo.com. A wonderful bunch of experts which I personally cannot wait to hear and meet. Check it out and grab your tickets today>> click here
348. The end of one more year is peeking just a few days away! This time of the year is certainly a time to be spent with close family to hug them, love them and catch up with their crazy stories. Time also for repletion and to think of how we´ve done and set new objectives. in our case at urban oasis, this past year has been fascinating, new friends, new clients, new opportunities, plenty of courses, conferences, meetings, property visits... We end this year with our recent event that took place on Wednesday with the book presentation of Dr. Ruiz and Pablo Ruiz "Somos Una Conciencia inconsciente". All of the sales we made from the book we have donated it to the Arrels Fundation which takes care of the homeless people in Barcelona.
A total of 546€ was collected and given to Arrels foundation.
We want to thank you all for coming and make the end of the year absolutely magical and so positive. It gives us so much energy to continue and set new objectives for this Brand New 2017 which is surely going to be ONE of a KIND!
I leave you with the best properties in Barcelona during this past year wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year Everyone!
TELF: +34 934 929 274
338. Urban Oasis Barcelona is pleased to invite you to the Presentation of the Book "Somos una Conciencia Inconsciente". It will take place on Wednesday 21st December at 19H a the Bookstore Alibri located in Calle Balmes 26.
Urban Oasis would like to celebrate Christmas with you by inviting you to a glass of Champagne.
We look forward to seeing you!
Assistance confirmation is required please email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
322. According to the Barcelona City Hall Barcelona has had a huge increment in visitors during the past 5 years. People from all over the world are attracted by this fabulous city which we all love living in. Barcelona is converting itself into a multi cultural and multinational melting pot. With a rich variety of professional, entrepreneurs and students who have known Barcelona by coming as a tourist and are now considering of settling here.
In any case, whether you are visiting as a short stay or you consider yourself already a local, welcome!
These are the TOP 10 Must See and Dos Barcelona has to offer you. Check them out:
1. Sagrada Familia
2. Parc Güell
3. Barça Museum
4. The Acquarium
5. Born Cultural Center
6. Poble Espanyol
7. Picasso Museum
8. The Zoo
9. Casa Batlló
10. La Pedrera
319. In this article, I’ll tell you why 2017 looks like an excellent year to buy a property in Barcelona, as the pound could strengthen versus the euro, cutting your costs.
Are you thinking of buying a property in Barcelona? In that case, whether you’d like to buy a €240,000 flat in Vilanova i la Geltrú next to the beach, or a €265,000 duplex in Barcelona near to the shops, you’ll want the best exchange rate. After all, if sterling is flying high versus the common currency, you’ll need to transfer fewer pounds to buy your ideal property in Barcelona!
With this in mind, what’s set to happen to the pound to euro exchange rate in 2017, especially in light of the UK’s vote for Brexit? Well, let’s take a look, and how this could benefit you when you buy your Barcelona property.
The good news is that sterling could well strengthen versus the Eurozone’s common currency next year, above its current 1.1367. This is because, just last week, the UK’s High Court ruled that only Parliament has the authority to trigger Article 50, for the UK exit the EU.
This could lift the pound, and so make it cheaper for you to buy a Barcelona property, because this significantly lifts the odds of the UK pursuing a “soft” Brexit. After all, the UK’s MPs are likely to want the UK to stay in the Single Market, lifting the UK’s economic outlook for the coming years, and so sending the pound higher!
What’s more, the cost of buying a property in Barcelona could also fall next year, because the European Central Bank looks set to expand its extraordinary monetary stimulus, devaluing the euro.
To be specific, the Eurozone’s central bank currently prints billions of euros every month, to spur inflation in the common bloc. Next month, the ECB could well extend this scheme to 2017, to lift inflation to its +2.0% target. Given that this involves printing such vast sums, this could drag down the value of the euro, thereby making property in Barcelona considerably less expensive for you to buy!
Lastly, the pound to euro exchange rate may also strengthen next year, cutting the cost of buying Barcelona property for you, if Marine Le Pen wins France’s 2017 Presidential election. Ms. Le Pen leads the National Front party, France’s equivalent to UKIP. Following Donald Trump’s recent win in the USA, it’s thought that support for populist politicians like Ms. Le Pen has risen worldwide.
With this in mind, were Le Pen to win France’s Presidential election, the euro would weaken substantially, thus making Barcelona property more affordable for you, whatever the property you have in mind!
Given all this, 2017 looks set to be an excellent time to buy Barcelona property. Be sure to make the most of it!
This has been a generous contribution by PUREFX
Article written By Peter Lavelle at foreign exchange broker
Pure FX http://www.purefx.co.uk
315. I just absolutely love when I see and come across brand new innovative ideas like
Francesca´s SHARING KITCHEN! WOW! I just absolutely love her brand new launch of SHARING KITCHEN! For those culinary lovers like myself, coming across this new concept is just love at first sight! Sharing Kitchen is a way of offering those people who have industrial spaces which are unused or just not taken all of its advantage and putting them into service (known as kitchen keepers). There for those entrepreneurs looking for cooking spaces (kitchen surfers) wanting to offer their creative culinary service, or people offering cooking classes, or business seeking a cool and innovative Christmas dinner then you can contact Sharing Kitchen and they can offer the space and even your own chef to cook for the dinner party! Amazing! Love the idea! Check out the illustrative video and check out their site! Amazing!! 5***** connect and congratulations Francesca for this wonderful brand new concept in Barcelona!!
Barcelona International Community Day
311. During the past Saturday 22nd September, Barcelona held, one more year, its International Community Day. A day dedicated to our international and multicultural population.
This time the Maritime Museum of Barcelona hosted this event. Next to the Sea and to the famous Columbus Statue, this wonderful Barcelona landmark received hundreds of expats.
An opportunity to network and meet people who have just landed in Barcelona or people who have been living here for years. Entrepreneurs, Directors, business people, workers, students, researchers or people who are enjoying a sabbatical year in this wonderful part of the world are some of the visitors. Amongst the exhibitors there was a representation of Barcelona services, internatioanl schools, public institutions, the city hall, associations, clubs and other experts in receiving international communities. It was such a rich and interesting day.
On the right hand sand you will find a video resume of what last year was like. Enjoy!
303. Barcelona is seriously such a wonderful and beautiful city to live in and the Organization Global Barcelona really knows about it. On the 15th September this great association organized a tremendous event in the beautiful Palauaet Albeneit in Montjuïc. The event was hosted by Michael Goldenberg and josep Lluis Sanfeliu members of the Barcelona Global Executive Board. The speakers were international professionals based in Barcelona sharing this experience of how great this city is and even how it’s evolving so quickly and developing. People like: Luca de Meo (President of Seat), Cecilia Tham (Open Innovation Strategist and Founder at Makers of Barcelona) and Christian Brander (Professor at IRSI Caixa AIDS Research institute at the HUGTP). It was a wonderful networking event together with a superb evening cocktail. Please see the facts and figures of this article where you can see the quality of life that Barcelona has to offer. Enjoy!
Avinguda Diagonal 579, 3a, 08014Tel.: email@example.com
Activities In Barcelona
Beauty & Health
BY MICHELIN STAR CHEF
Chic Way To Chill Out
Fashion & Design
Fun & Interesting
Furniture & Home Decor
Moving To Barcelona
Only For Sushi Lovers
Property Info & Tips Barcelona
What´s Happening Barcelona?
Hi! I´m Carolina, I hope you enjoy this blog on my recommendations about living in Barcelona and loving the experience! I´m originally from Barcelona but spent most of my life abroad (France & the UK). Real Estate Entrepreneur and Blogger, I have a double major in Political Science and Urban Estate Management. I love sushi and my favourite colour is pink. I am crazy about stationary and love discovering new tea flavours and now... in love with Barcelona!
I´m a Proud Donor of: